Which over-the-counter (OTC) medications are safe to use while breastfeeding?
- We prefer that you first try non-medication remedies.
- Limit the use of any medications to only what is necessary.
- Medications that are listed as safe below are safe only for short-term use (less than 1-2 weeks unless otherwise indicated).
- Medications that are safe during pregnancy are not necessarily safe while breastfeeding.
- If you are in doubt about the safety of a medication, it is always wise to consult a health care professional.